Facts about Sedation Dentistry
- It Really Works! You really can relax through your dental appointment.
- It Is Safe! You take a small pill prior to treatment, no intra-venous tubes or needles.
- You will have little or no memory of the experience. You won’t remember any sounds or smells.
- You can relax for up to five to six hours after taking the pill. The time you are relaxing will vary depending on your needed treatment.
- Complex dental treatments that often require six to eight appointments, can be done in as little as one! All while you relax.
- People who have difficulty getting numb have no problem when relaxed and relaxing.
- Sedation dentistry is a safe way to reduce the fatigue of extended dental treatment requiring long visits.
Will I feel any pain?
No. You will feel nothing!
Will I be unconscious?
No, you are in a deeply relaxed state, you are responsive.
Will I be monitored?
Yes, one of our team is always with you and your vital signs are monitored during the entire visit. You are never alone.
How long will I be relaxing?
Depending on your needs, from two to six hours.
Who Is a Candidate For Conscious Sedation?
People who have . . .
– high fear
– had traumatic dental experiences
– difficulty getting numb
– a bad gag reflex
– very sensitive teeth
– limited time to complete their dental care
– complex dental problems
People who . . .
– hate needles and shots!
– hate the noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care
– are afraid or embarrassed about their teeth