Dr. Sharath Shetty has completed his BDS from Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Bangalore in the year 2002. Later on, he completed his Masters training in Periodontics and Implantology from Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Bangalore in the year 2005, with the achievement of Gold Medal for securing First Rank in M.D.S. He is the first Periodontist in India to Pass Diplomate of National Board (DNB) exam conducted by Ministry of Health India (MOHI) Delhi, in the year 2005. He is pursuing PhD in DPU, Pune in collaboration with Rocky Mountain Tissue Bank USA.
He has exclusive Consulting Periodontal Practice in Pune and PCMC with 10 years’ experience.
He is specialized in:
- Diagnosing various gum diseases (Periodontal problems),
- Managing bleeding gums by deep scaling or gum cleaning,
- Management of bad breath / oral halitosis,
- Stabilizing the mobile teeth,
- Flap surgeries (Periodontal pocket treatment),
- Bone grafting/ bone growth around teeth,
- Correction of receded gums,
- Natural tooth pontic,
- Smile designing,
- Removal of pigmentation of gums (from dark to pink gums),
- Placement of dental implants,
- Treatment of implant-related complications.
He has lectured in many states and national level conferences including ISP and also conducted few pre-conference courses at state and national Level with Live Surgery demonstrations on various periodontal procedures.
In addition to the above, he teaches for Under Graduate & Post Graduate Students of Dr. D.Y.Patil Dental College & Hospital Pimpri, Pune. He has published more than 15 International Peer Reviewed Papers in different journals.
He’s well-known for his precision in diagnosing gum diseases and providing best possible treatment for all his patients.